South Dakota With A Medical Marijuana Cannabis Program?
The short answer is yes.
South Dakota Senate Bill IM 26 was able to clear court barriers, and we now have January 1, 2022, as the effective date for medicinal marijuana legislation in South Dakota. However, it is possible that medicinal marijuana may not be widely available or accessible to patients until May 2022.
We don’t know whether or not legal recreational cannabis will be accessible in South Dakota in 2022. However, considering the progress that has been achieved so far, it is possible that recreational marijuana may be legalized in South Dakota in the near future.
How Can I Get Medical Cannabis in SD?
IM 26 mandates that patients in South Dakota who want to use medicinal marijuana must first get a registration card from the state. However, in order to get this card, you must first obtain certification from a doctor registered to recommend medical marijuana with the SD medical cannabis program . Check with your doctor to see whether he or she is registered with the state and is willing to certify you for medical cannabis. .
Fortunate enough, My Marijuana Cards is and its team of physicians are ready and willing to certify you for South Dakota Medical Cannabis Card. We are proud to be your resource for all things cannabis.
Step 1 – Get an MMJ-Friendly Physician
Patients can schedule an in-person appointment with one of our compassionate mmj physicians today. The MMJ program in South Dakota operates in the same way as most others. As a result, you will need to be evaluated, approved , and certified by a doctor in order to legally obtain medical marijuana. . Otherwise, make an appointment for a consultation. Prepare to explain why you need medical marijuana. Depending on the doctor, they may only give their approval if you have previously examined all other choices available. It may also be necessary to establish a true patient-doctor relationship. You will only be authorized if you fulfill at least one of the standards specified in the following section.
If you have been granted permission, the doctor will certify. You’ll need it in order to submit your application. Remember that you must be at least 18 years old to apply or if younger than 18 be under the supervision of a caregiver that is 21 or over.
What Conditions Qualify for an MMJ Card in SD?
MMJ patients must have a “chronic or severe illness or medical condition” to qualify. Included are:
If you have any questions about eligibility, please contact us through email: [email protected]
WHAT ARE THE AGE AND RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS?
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Patients under 18 years of age must have parental consent and be assigned a caregiver.
- South Dakota resident with proof of residency. Acceptable proof of Residency:
- Valid South Dakota driver’s license
- Valid State ID card
- Tribal Identification Card
- SD Student Identification Card
Step 2 – Complete Intake Forms
Step 3 – MMJ Card in Hand
Patient receives email to create account on medcannabisapplication.sd.gov. Once completed, the patient must wait for DOH approval. Your MMJ card will be mailed to you if they approve it. The online card allows the applicant to buy cannabis from a dispensary in several states. These are temporary cards to support MMJ sufferers until their actual cards arrive.
Step 4 – If Applicable, Do You Need A Caregiver?
It is necessary for carers to be registered for several applications, including minor patient applications. Medicannabisapplication.sd.gov will be sent to caregivers through email, and they will need to register an account on the site. Once completed, the caregiver must wait for permission from the Department of Health and Human Services.
Step 5 – Purchasing Your Cannabis
A medical cannabis card will be sent to the patient or caregiver after the DOH has approved the application. The cardholder will subsequently be able to acquire cannabis from a licensed South Dakota dispensary .
WHY SHOULD I GET MY SOUTH DAKOTA MEDICAL CANNABIS CARD?
- Reduce Dependency on opioids and other synthetic drugs.
- Access to alternative Medications.
- Be able to Legally grow up to 3 plants at home (TODAY)!
- Access to Dispensaries statewide and products (flower, gummies, tinctures, pre-rolls, topicals, etc.)
- Know what you’re consuming- all South Dakota medical marijuana products have been tested from seed to sale.
- Its Legal
ARE MEDICAL RECORDS REQUIRED FOR CERTIFICATION THROUGH MYMARIJUANACARDS.COM?
YES, Medical records required to obtain your Medical Cannabis Cards. Most common forms of of medical records provided to the office are office visit summaries from:
- Follow My Health
- My Health Vet (VA)
- treatment notes, Letters from your current physicians, etc.
HOW LONG IS YOUR SD CANNABIS CARD GOOD FOR?
The card is issued for 1 year based on their issue date.
IS YOUR DOCTOR LEGIT?
Yes, all of my My Marijuana Cards physicians hold active South Dakota medical licenses and comply with the state’s cannabis programs REQUIREMENT that evaluations for Medical Cannabis Cards we have done in-person. And we are excited to say that we have a location in Downtown Sioux Falls.
Here are a couple fun things to know that started off the year with Medical Marijuana in South Dakota:
- January 26, 2022: The South Dakota Medical Cannabis Program performed a random drawing to determine successful applicants for dispensary licenses in the City of Yankton. The drawing was held at the South Dakota Lottery on the third floor of the Dolly-Reed Plaza, 711 East Wells Avenue, Pierre, SD. Members of the public had the opportunity to view the drawing live through a viewing window or via videoconference.
- January 19, 2022: The Department of Health has issued the first medical cannabis establishment registration certificates to dispensaries in Watertown and Keystone, South Dakota.