Tinctures of marijuana are primarily medical cannabis oil. Tinctures of marijuana are a great way to use the medicinal ingredients of the plant and a perfect alternative for those who find it difficult to smoke. Generally, a tincture is an extract dissolved in ethyl alcohol or ethanol from plant or animal material. Solvent concentrations of 25–60% are common, but can be as high as 90%. The solvent breaks down the plant flower and trim the acidic chemical compounds. For example, the alcohol extracts terpenes and cannabinoids from marijuana during this chemical change to produce a concentrated tincture of cannabis with maximum therapeutic potential. If you are looking for an alternative to smoking or vaporizing marijuana, it may be right for you to use medical cannabis oil. Tincture of cannabis is a great alternative to edibles that usually take 2-3 hours to hit in. For those suffering from bouts of nausea, chronic pain, and debilitating anxiety, tinctures provide rapid relief.
Common usage of marijuana Tincture
- Anxious mood
- Anxiety disorder
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
Side effects of marijuana Tincture
- Dry mouth
- Tired legs
- Withdrawal effects
Benefits of marijuana Tincture:
- Pain relief: Did you know that tinctures before aspirin were the primary form of pain relief? In fact, before cannabis prohibition, cannabis tinctures were extremely popular. Moreover, cannabis infused tinctures can be used as a treatment for various conditions including: tetanus, gout, tonsillitis, alcoholism, menstrual cramps, cholera, arthritis, and many other conditions.
- Low calorie: Tinctures are low – calorie unlike many cannabis edibles — a great solution if one is actively managing one’s weight. The average of tincture produced with 140 proof alcohol is near to 7 calories / ml, while the majority of baked goods are about 100 – 200 calories.
- Long lifer of tincture: Tinctures may last for years if managed to keep in a cool, dark place and can be appended to a wide variety of foods which include juices, milkshakes, soups, sauces and further. But be careful to keep your tinctures tightly closed to prevent evaporation and shake well before using, as separation may take place over time.
- Learning of MED: MED stands for Minimum Effective Dose which is offered to be learnt by tinctures that is able to manage one’s condition. It saves money as it learns through tinctures and it leads to effective treatment.
- Faster: It takes few minutes to get the full relief where the other such as smoking, vaping or edibles take about 10-20 minutes and maximum of 90 minutes are needed to achieve the full relief.
- Easy to be made: It is very easy to be made even can be made in home while others are comparatively very difficult to be made.
Sensitivity of marijuana Tincture:
From the above-mentioned benefits, we can see that marijuana tincture is very faster and sensitive as it takes fewer minutes to get full relief. Typically, cannabis tincture is consumed by appending a few drops of liquid just under the tongue, anything other than that known as sublingual administration, resulting in near-immediate effects. Cigarette smoking and vaporizing take 5-15 minutes to strike you anywhere, whereas edibles take between 1-2 hours even more. Even also, it is known and seen from above-mentioned, it is clear that further marijuana taking leads to several disorder in human body. Hence, it should be taken as required and shouldn’t be taken for a long time at a stretch. When one takes marijuana tincture, unlike sublingual ingestion, this medicine enters one’s bloodstream directly. Consequently, it is usually possible to feel the effects in as little as 15 minutes and 2-3 hours. If the tincture is well – made, the cannabinoids / terpene absorption rate shall be further efficient than any other process of consumption.
Tinctures of cannabis come in various types
A tincture is made with alcohol as the solvent by definition. Tinctures made with MCT oil, glycerin, and even olive oil can also be found with cannabis.
Storing ways of tincture:
Cannabinoids are deteriorated by heat and light. Hence, there should be kept it in such places where light falls and heat transfer are impossible. This can be a cool place with a glass container. The best choice will be the dark glass container. Avoid plastic container and try to keep it in room temperature for the best result.
Difference between cannabis and marijuana
Actually, there is no physical and biological difference between marijuana and cannabis rather than they are just two different words originated from two places. So, don’t be messed with these two words.
Some surprising things about cannabis tinctures
- It can be used to make cannabis bath salt
- Beauty treatments are made by the roots of cannabis
- Administration is simpler than smoking
- Alcohol speeds up one’s cannabis absorption benefits
- Versatile tinctures and topics offer smoking and vaporization options