Do you want a Medical Marijuana Card in Pennsylvania? You’ve arrived! We update this material often to ensure its accuracy and ease of use.
Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Card Online Application with My Marijuana Cards
Since the COVID-19 outbreak, Pennsylvania has relaxed telemedicine regulations. Due to its success, the state has now approved telemedicine for cannabis consultations. This means you may now securely visit with a Pennsylvania-licensed physician online for a medicinal cannabis consultation and certificate.
Get a Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Card online with My Marijuana Cards. We’ve put together this helpful guide to assist residents of Pennsylvania in understanding the necessity of applying for their Pennsylvania MMJ Card through My Marijuana Cards’ secure telemedicine platform.
Who Is Eligible To Apply for a P.A. Medical Cannabis Card?
You must be a legal Pennsylvania resident to apply for a Medical Marijuana Card. In Pennsylvania, you must be 18 or older to get a medical marijuana card. A caregiver may apply on behalf of another person To qualify for medicinal marijuana in Pennsylvania; you will need a state-issued I.D. To access a dispensary, you’ll need a copy of your card and your PA ID.
What Does an MMJ Card Allow in Pennsylvania?
Having an MMJ Card in Pennsylvania permits the following:
- 30-day supply, based on consultation
- The new regulation allows people to vape herbal cannabis but not smoke it. Initially, only cannabis-infused tablets, oils, ointments, tinctures, or liquids were permitted. An advisory board suggestion to allow dispensaries to sell herbal cannabis was authorized on April 16, 2018.
- Patients may buy up to a 30-day supply from dispensaries, preserving records for each purchase.
- Patients may re-order a 30-day supply within 7 days after their expiration date.
How do I Apply for a Medical Marijuana Card in Pennsylvania?
With My Marijuana Cards, you can get your Pennsylvania Medical Marijuana Card in 5 simple steps:
Step 1: Create your PA MMJ account
Step 2: Schedule your P.A. mmj card appointment
Step 3: Conduct your appointment with doctor
Step 4: Purchase your P.A. marijuana card
Step 5: Visit a PA dispensary
Apply For Your Medical Marijuana Card Online Today!
Obtain a Med Card in your State
AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIllinoisKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexcioNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashington DCWashington StateWest Virginia
STEP 1 – CREATE YOUR PATIENT PROFILE ON THE PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH (DOH) MEDICAL MARIJUANA PROGRAM WEBSITE.
First, you must create a PADOHMMP patient profile to obtain your patient I.D. number, which must be certified by an approved doctor. You must first enter your personal information in order to create an account. Your patient profile contains all of your pertinent information, such as your address, phone number, email address, and so on. You can access your profile by going to “profile settings” whenever you log in to your account. This is the location of your I.D. number. It’s also where you’ll update your personal information, which you’ll need to keep up to date.
After entering your profile information, you will be prompted to create a username and password. Keep in mind that these will be case-sensitive, so enter them exactly as you did when you created them. You will also require a valid email address. You did it correctly if you see a screen with your patient information, including your patient I.D. You can also expect a confirmation email with information about your next step: physician certification.
** Make sure you write down your marijuana I.D. number.**
STEP 2 – SCHEDULE YOUR PENNSYLVANIA MARIJUANA CARD APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR CERTIFIED PA MJ DOCTOR.
When booking your appointment or directly to the mmj doctor, be prepared to show your PA Marijuana ID.
STEP 3 – CONDUCT AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR PENNSYLVANIA MARIJUANA DOCTOR
Obtain certification from a licensed physician. My Marijuana Cards provides same-day appointments with doctors who specialize in cannabis medicine and see patients like you on a daily basis. And you can’t beat the security and convenience of having a doctor visit you in the comfort of your own home. Because we are HIPAA-compliant, our platform is user-friendly and extremely secure. Your medical information is important to us and is always secure.
STEP 4 – HOW MUCH DOES A MEDICAL CANNABIS CARD COST IN PENNSYLVANIA?
For adult patients, the application fee is currently $50. Patients who are eligible for one of the following government programs (and can provide proof) may be eligible for a $25 fee reduction:
- PACE/ PACENET
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PA MMJ ID CARD PAYMENT?
When your certification is approved, the doctor will enter it into the Pennsylvania medical marijuana registry. What comes next:
Step 1: Verify that you received your confirmation email. This email is critical because it explains how to obtain your MMJ ID card.
Step 2: Click the link in your email to the PA Medical Marijuana registry. Log in to your account with your username and password. (Keep in mind that your username and password are case-sensitive.)
Step 3: Select the “Make Payment” tab and follow the on-screen instructions. The fee levied by the state is $50. Your marijuana card will be mailed to the address you provided when creating your patient profile in three weeks.
STEP 5 – WHERE’S THE NEAREST PENNSYLVANIA DISPENSARY?
Here is a list of Pennsylvania dispensaries.
WHAT TYPES OF MEDICAL MARIJUANA CAN I PURCHASE IN THE KEYSTONE STATE?
In Pennsylvania, smoking dry marijuana flower is still prohibited. As a result, dispensaries only sell the herb in the following forms:
- Tinctures & liquids
- Topicals such as ointments and patches
- Dy leaf or plant material for nebulization or vaporization ONLY
How Much Does it Cost for a Pennsylvania Medical Cannabis Card?
A one-time cost of $149 is charged for online consultation with one of Pennsylvania’s Licensed Practitioners. The practitioner may refuse to sign your certificate if you do not qualify for an MMJ Card.
- The state application cost is $50. Medicaid, PACE/PACENET, CHIP, SNAP, and WIC participants pay just $25.
- Renewing is $99.
- Obtaining an MMJ Card in Pennsylvania is presently not covered by insurance.
What Documents Do I Need to Apply for a Medical Cannabis Card?
To apply for your MMJ Card in Pennsylvania, you must produce your signed medical certificate and your identity papers. Collect the following:
- I.D. produced by the state of Pennsylvania
- Proof of Pennsylvania residency
- Medical records (optional)
Below are all the acceptable forms these documents may take.
- State-issued driver’s license – a Pennsylvania driver’s license or an I.D. card issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
- State-issued ID card
- Medical Records (optional)
- Progress notes
- Health summary
- List of diagnoses
- Medication list (or pictures of prescription bottles)
What Conditions Qualify for Medical Marijuana Cards in Pennsylvania?
So that your application may be approved, a licensed practitioner must confirm one or more of the requirements mentioned in Pennsylvania law. The following ailments may qualify you for a medical marijuana card in Pennsylvania in 2021:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) or Lou Gehrig’s disease
- Anxiety Disorders
- Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy
- Crohn’s Disease
- Dyskinetic and Spastic Movement Disorders
- Intractable Spasticity (caused by damage to the spinal cord)
- Huntington’s Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (including Colitis and Crohn’s)
- Intractable Seizures
- Multiple Sclerosis (M.S.)
- Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Opioid-Use Disorder
- Parkinson’s Disease (P.D.)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Severe Chronic/Intractable Pain
- Sickle Cell Anemia
- Terminal Illness
- Tourette’s Syndrome
- Ulcerative Colitis
How Does a Caregiver Apply for a Medical Marijuana Card, and Can I Get a MMJ Card for My Child in P.A.?
Some patients may be qualified for yet unable to get an MMJ Card. If the patient is under 18 or requires help getting medicinal cannabis, a caregiver may be designated to assist them.
- Caregivers must be at least 21 years old, have a PA-issued or state-issued I.D. card, be Pennsylvania residents, and have no recent drug-related felony charges. Up to two (2) carers per patient
- Caregivers must register with the Department of Health and conduct a criminal background check with a state-approved vendor.
- Any patient may pick a caregiver. Minors must have a caregiver. Not all patients get an I.D. card and do not need to visit a dispensary. Instead, a caregiver registers and visits the dispensary in their place. Among them are:
- Adult patients who are home-bound
- Adult patients who benefit from assistance
- Adult patients may also designate a caregiver by sharing their I.D. information before registering with the Caregiver.
- Pennsylvania requires caregivers to be at least 21. The state charges a $50 application fee. Those under 21 who desire to be considered caregivers may apply online. What to do:
- Visit the P&C Registry.
- Click “Adult Patient Caregiver Registration” if the patient is an adult who has or will have a patient I.D. card.
- Click “Caregiver registration for an existing patient” if the patient is a minor, needs in-home help, or has a handicap. (These patients won’t acquire I.D. cards or go to a dispensary.)
- Each Patient and Caregiver Registry account needs a unique email address. They cannot share an email address. Fill in all fields and click “Submit” to establish an online profile.
- Your background check will be requested by email.
- Your application will be approved in four to six weeks.
- Return to the Patient and Caregiver Registry to pay the cost for your medical marijuana caregiver card after the Department of Health notifies you through email.
- Only the listed Caregiver may enter a dispensary – minors are not allowed.
WHAT IF MY CAREGIVER HAS A CRIMINAL RECORD?
Those applying to be a caregiver for a PA medical marijuana patient must under go a criminal background check. “You cannot be approved as a caregiver if you have been convicted of a criminal offense relating to the sale or possession of drugs, narcotics or controlled substances within the last five years.”
Can a Qualifying Patient Grow Cannabis in Pennsylvania?
No, patients cannot grow marijuana in Pennsylvania.
Are my Details Kept Confidential When I Apply for a Medical Marijuana Card?
Yes. My Marijuana Cards values our patients’ privacy. Our online service is HIPAA compliant, and our systems are intended to protect your privacy.
Does Pennsylvania Have Medical Marijuana Reciprocity?
Currently, Pennsylvania does not have reciprocity with other states, thus persons having cards from other states cannot use them in PA. But Pennsylvania is introducing reciprocity.
Possessing a Pennsylvania medical marijuana card may enable you to be recognized as a patient in the following states:
- New Hampshire
- Nevada (recreational available)
- Washington, D.C. (recreational available)
- Puerto Rico
While recreational cannabis is currently illegal in Pennsylvania, several localities have decriminalized small quantities, indicating a steady shift towards eventual legalization. Among them are:
- Philadelphia – decriminalize up to 30 grams, punishable by $25 fine
- Pittsburgh – decriminalize up to 30 grams, punishable by $25 fine
- Harrisburg – decriminalize small amounts, punishable by $75 fine
- State College – decriminalize up to 30 grams, punishable by $250 fine
- York – decriminalize up to 30 grams, punishable by $100 fine
- Erie – decriminalize up to 30 grams, punishable by $25 fine
- Allentown – decriminalize up to 30 grams, punishable by $25 fine for a first offense
- Bethlehem – decriminalize up to 30 grams, punishable by $25 fine for a first offense
- Lancaster – decriminalize small amounts, punishable by $25 fine for a first offense
- Steelton – decriminalize up to 30 grams, punishable by $25-$100 fine
CAN ANY DOCTOR GET ME PENNSYLVANIA MARIJUANA CARD?
Only a doctor on the PA approved list.
WHAT IF THE DOCTOR DOESN’T APPROVE ME ?
We have a 100% Money back guarantee.
WHERE CAN I FIND MEDICAL MARIJUANA DOCTORS NEAR ME?
Look no further, see one of our compassionate medical marijuana physicians and get your medical card today from home.